Export Address Book
Export Address Book is a flexible contacts exporter app for the Mac to export your local address book directly to an Excel file. It can even access fields with custom labels. It supports also other export formats like CSV, Tab-delimited text, XML with optional transformation via XSLT, HTML table and customizable vCards. It comes with a set of pre-defined export templates for common applications but lets you also create your own templates.
Initially released in 2006, Export Address Book is a carefully crafted and full-fledged Mac OS X application, actively maintained and developed by a long-time Mac user and developer.
Export Address Book costs $3.99 only. Purchase it from the Mac App Store or via Share-It (free updates included).
- Export Address Book gives you total control and flexibility of what data you want to export. You are able to select which contacts to export, which fields from those contacts and how to order them.
- It can create native Excel Workbook files (.xlsx) out of the box. Import your contacts hassle-free into Excel (Mac/Win), Numbers or FileMaker in one step - with leading zeros, dates and special chars (umlauts etc.) preserved.
- Export Address Book can export fields with custom labels.
- Has very flexible CSV configuration capabilities.
- You can export single contacts, groups, smart groups or any combination of them.
- Create your own export templates and save them to a file for later reuse.
- Can export to a generic XML file that can optionally be transformed into other formats using custom XSLT pattern rules and templates.
- Has export templates for common applications build-in (FileMaker, Excel, Outlook Mac/Win, Numbers, SalesForce)
- Export Address Book can produce customized vCards. You can decide which data of an Address Book contact should be included in the vCard.
- Export Address Book supports Address Book’s Distribution Lists feature (HD-Video).
- Works fine with Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7) and Mountain Lion (10.8)
- Comes with a built-in Automator action to automate exports.
Changes in version 1.8
- New export format: XML. Can optionally be transformed using custom XSLT pattern rules and templates.
- "HTML Table" export format: You can now insert custom HTML code like CSS styles into the HTML header. Some issues with entity encoding were also fixed.
"... die App [ist] ein wirklich nützlicher Helfer, wenn man seine sorgsam gesammelten Adress-Informationen in andere Formate bringen will oder muss."
"Adressbuch exportieren löst ein wichtiges Problem und bringt die eigenen Daten in Sicherheit."