Importer for Contacts Release Notes
- The content of FileMaker repeating fields can now be splitted into individual values during import using the “Extract From Field” function. In FileMaker, use the CSV format for the export. Tab-separated text will not work in this case.
- Header row detection for Excel files has been improved.
- Fixed a bug that could lead to a crash when importing Excel files that were created with Numbers.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the contact preview from scrolling.
Added support for macOS Mojave
A bug has been fixed that caused the group membership to be read incorrectly from the import file.
This update includes an improved contact preview, which also increases the overall stability of the application.
- Improved support for files that have no column headers
NEW: You can now save whole mappings for later use. For quick access, saved mappings appear in the "Mapping" menu. Choose "Manage Saved Mappings…" from the "Mapping" menu to rename or delete saved mappings.
NEW: You can now import vCards with automatic group restoration. The vCards to import are scanned for address book group information and will then be assigned to these groups. Groups that do not already exist will be created.
NEW: The app now provides a powerful feature to extract comma- or new-line separated labelled value lists from an import field. For example, if your import file contains a field with several phone numbers in the form "work: (123) 456-789, home: (987) 654-321", map this to the "Phone" contact field and choose "Extract from field" from the "Label" popup menu. Importer for Contacts will then split the text into separate values, assigning the provided label to each of them accordingly.
FIXED: When importing files, checking for empty values has been improved.
CHANGED: Postal codes will now imported "as is". Automatic formatting of postal codes will now only applied to values from Excel cells formatted as number.
- Fixed a potential crash when importing text files containing one row only
- The mapping interface now supports multi-line street address data for postal addresses.
- You can now define custom date formats to allow the import of dates independently from the current locale.
- You can now automatically share crash reports, analytics and usage data with the developer to help him to improve the app.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the import of some date values.
- Added german localization.
- This update addresses minor issues related to reliability and stability.
- Initial release